Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Requiem recant

I have re-examined the new World of Darkness and found more to like.
Vampire the Requiem is not so bad. You have clans, 5 basic ones nearly identical to the original 7.
You have the _option_ of bloodlines, which are more specialized versions of the clans. There are also do-it-yourself bloodlien creation instructions if you want more options.
You have the option of covenant, which is the beliefs your Lick subscribes to. I think they lead to paths of enlightenment but I'm not sure. Some of the covenants allow spells, so you aren't restricted to magic by clan.
So, new WoD is an option for my gamemastering. I still think it gives a much better, more diverse system for playing mortals. There is a core set, just called World of Darkness, which I think describes the world from the human perspective.
The new Promethean line is promising, too. If I hadn't seen the sourcebooks I'd never have believed frankensteins could be more diabolical than vampires. They can.

No comments: