Thursday, May 8, 2014

The House of Elder is begun

Well here's some good news. I have decided I am not an aspiring author anymore and have moved back to "author" status. I have started writing my long planned novel The House of Elder. It's based upon those dreams I have of getting lost in a massive house and/or doors which lead to other worlds. The two girls from The Boneyard published here recently will star in it, and I'll have Nicole with her huge sword - though now saving girls instead of boys. And I'll have King Jack, although probably I am the only one who knows who he is. I may even have that primitive dude, Dun.
The cool new thing is that the House itself is worth capitalizing. It's a character and will play a part in the story, even if it doesn't have any lines to speak.
I'm very happy about all of this as it's the book I've been meaning to write for so long. It works in so many ways.
I'm not driving too hard. I've only set a goal of 350 words per day. As Chuck Wendig says, I can sneeze that. Maybe I'll up the goal or start another project (The Blue Umbrella needs editing for instance). But at this point I've just met my goal for Day 3 and I'm pretty happy about it.

No comments: